Yes, it’s November already. Already?? Yup.
I like November. Here are some of my reasons.
1. The yard and gardens are ready for their long winter sleep and no longer require large amounts of time and energy. What’s not to like?
2. Oven meals. I don’t feel guilty about turning on the oven and throwing in a casserole, or baking potatoes and meatloaf. In fact, everyone in my house loves carrots cooked in the oven (in a casserole.) Oven meals are ready and waiting when I’m done work in my office and the clean up is minimal. What’s not to like?
3. Writing challenges from writing a novel during the month to creating a new idea every day for a month to boot camps, the internet is full of encouragement and help. What’s not to like?
4. The beginning of Christmas celebrations. Our little town really puts a lot of effort into the season. Today, there is a showcase of local artisans’ work. Can’t wait to view it.
5. Remembrance day is especially poignant this year with two soldiers having been slain by terrorists on Canadian soil in the line of duty. Our hearts are both broken and proud.
6. Frosty mornings especially enjoyed through the window while sitting in a nice warm room. But is there anything prettier than a frosty winter scene? (except a summery scene of green?)
7. A writers’ retreat. I have not spent time with fellow writers for a couple of years so am really looking forward to talking about my imaginary friends and talking to real friends.
There are many reasons why I like November (can’t say as Movember is one of them, however). What are your favorite things about this month?