LESSONS FROM THE BIRDS
Birds fill the trees. They sing from every perch. Their songs make us glad. If I take time to observe them I can learn many things.
1. They sing like no one is listening. Lesson for me: Use the talents I possess. The woods would be silent if no birds sang there except for those that sang best. (quote by Henry van Dyke).
2. They enjoy the bounty of nature. Lesson for me: Get out and take note of the beauty and abundance of my yard and garden.
3. They sing no matter what the circumstances. Lesson for me: Stop looking at the problem and look up. God is big enough for every problem in my life. Rejoice.
4. A flock of blackbirds can sweep across the sky and never run into each other. Lesson for me: There’s no need to butt heads or elbows with other people. There’s room for everyone.
5. When a cat stalks a bird, the bird simply flies away. Lesson for me: Don’t wallow in dire possibilities. Get up and move on. There’s a lot of world out there.
MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
I laughed when I read this quote: Birds, birds in the sky dropped a pooty in my eye. I don’t worry I don’t cry. I’m just happy cows don’t fly.
‘Nough said. Right?