I am so proud to announce an important milestone in my writing career.
Yes my 50th book will be out March 2016.
It seemed fitting that I attended an event at church in which several local authors displayed books. I had the privilege of having a table next to Janette Oke.
Here’s my table.
For the next few weeks I am going to post 5 facts about me and my writing and maybe my life. My goal is 50 facts. Come along for the ride.
Here are the first five things:
Five steps in my writing journey.
1. In the ‘90s a friend persuaded me to go to a writing group with her. She thought I should write a book about our large family. She even had the title picked out. Surprisingly Normal. I went intending to write that book but soon realized I couldn’t reveal the truth about many things in our family—backgrounds of the children, sessions of counselling, etc. so I abandoned that idea.
2. I began to write for newspapers and farming periodicals. I once had the full center fold of one in which I had interviewed a rancher about his many inventions.
3. My first romance novel was released in 1997 with Heartsong Presents. The Sun Still Shines.
4. My first novella was released in a collection, Prairie Brides. Sorry the picture is such poor quality. The caption on the frame reads Over 108,000 copies sold. August 2004. The story has been repackaged in several different collections and is still available.
5. I sold my first book to Love Inspired Historicals. The Journey Home.This had been my dream market even before the historical line opened. I still feel blessed and privileged that the editors and readers continue to like my stories.
There are so many others—attending conferences, meeting people who KNOW how to write, finding 2 dear critique partners, being involved in editor-generated continuities, having on-line daily read stories….I could go on and on. I hope I continue to have exciting milestones. Yes, I have some dreams I have yet to fulfill but mostly I wish to write more stories that please the readers.