This weekend I had some of the family visiting and we talked about winter. It seems to be consuming a lot of our mental space. Mostly because it’s encompassing almost every aspect of our lives. But we decided to list some of the things we LIKE about winter. (and saying it would soon end wasn’t allowed.) So here is our partial list:
- 1. No flies
- 2. Bugs are killed so don’t grow to giant spiders.
- 3. There is now weeding and no mowing.
- 4. It’s pleasant to turn on the oven and cook an oven meal or make cookies.
- 5. Winter sports–skating, hockey, skiing and tobogganing.
- 6. Roll up the rim. For non-Canadians, that is a give away contest by Tim Horton’s coffee chain. Roll up the rim of the take out cups to discover your prize. You could win a vehicle. I’ve won a free coffee and a free cookie.
- 7. There’s not a lot to do outside so it makes it easy to stay indoors and work. For me that’s a bonus. Sitting at the computer is easier so I can hopefully produce more.
All this positive stuff is wonderful but I’m still anxious for spring–so anxious I bought a picture to cheer me up.
Enjoy blue sky, bright flowers and the warm breeze that dries the clothes hung outdoors.