Vacations are relaxing, refreshing and just plain fun. I wish I could take more. However, it isn’t practical. There’s work, home responsibilities…life. I heard someone mention 3-minute breaks to prevent or relieve stress and thought how I could apply that to my life. The answer–mini vacations.
I began to take mini vacations as often as I wanted and or needed. They are wonderul additions to my life. You might enjoy them too.
If you want to enjoy a mini vacation, make a list of things you enjoy doing. Be sure to include things that take only a few minutes as well as longer ones–an hour, half a day. Whatever fits your schedule.
Here is part of my list:
1. Take time to smell the flowers. Better yet, take some pictures of them.
2. Enjoy a special treat. Savor it. What is your pleasure? A special tea? A specialty coffee? A nice piece of chocolate?
3. Walk around and enjoy nearby gardens, landscapes, displays…whatever gives you pleasure.
4. Browse a favorite catalogue, enjoy a magazine or look at the pictures in a coffee table book you bought simply because you couldn’t resist the pictures.
5. Take time to walk through a park, or a favorite walking trail. Maybe explore new ones.
6. Phone someone who makes you feel good.
7. Lay out in the sun or shade and read or simply listen to the sounds of nature.
Another thing I need to do in order to enjoy my mini vacation is to be very deliberate about it. I choose an activity and tell myself I am now going to take my mini vacation.
What would make you feel special right now? Pick one that fits your time frame. Why not do it now as a mini vacation? Or plan to include it in your future plans.
FINDING VACATIONS — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>