Today I get to reveal the cover of my next book (July 2017). A very sweet cover. i had a sneak peak of this cover a few weeks ago and have been anxious to share it. I wrote this book in April 2016 right after a very restful 3 day break in Banff.
I thought I would share a few more guilty secrets.
1. I basically like every kind of food except seafood. Grapes are my guilty pleasure.
2. I have a fear of heights. Actually, it’s a fear of falling from great heights. I used to have nightmares of being in a tall building, looking out the windows and the building would slowly tip. Just enough I couldn’t get footing to stop my slow-motion descent toward the windows that somehow provided no barrier. Shudder.
3. I hate making beds after the sheets have been washed. It’s a totally irrational thing. I’ve timed the job. It takes 5 mins. but I still tackle the job like it’s going to take me all day and rob me of every pleasure.
4. My first job was babysitting for 25c/hour. It took a lot of hours to earn enough to buy anything.
5. My first adult job was working at a summer resort near Banff when I cleaned motel rooms and waited tables at the restaurant. I explored all over Banff and wandered through the woods and along the river near the semi-remote resort. To this day, Banff is my favorite place in the world.
Looking over this very short list is a reminder that, despite some unsavory things, life is full of pleasures everywhere if we just open our eyes and look.